Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, August 5, 2023

Pity Party Stopped By Smell of Sprinkler Water

 







But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him. He is like a tree planted by water, that sends out its roots by the stream, and does not fear when heat comes, for its leaves remain green, and is not anxious in the year of drought, for it does not cease to bear fruit.” Jeremiah 17:8

Many things can snap you out of a funk and back to reality. It was one of those days for me having difficulty pushing ahead and being motivated to do projects needing done and so forth. Then the sprinkler came on and I sat there on my back patio thinking how nice the water smelled. Yes water and rain have a distinct smell. 

I started thinking of the beauty of the natural things in my back yard trying to not focus on gloomy stuff. The enemy wants you to sink into a pit and not be able to get back up. That is where our brothers and sisters in Christ come to the rescue. 

Negativity makes it hard to see the blessings of God. Negativity keeps you upset and tense. Negativity wants to put blame on others. Where are you at today? Is it time for you to smell the rain? 

PRAYER: I know you are with me even when discouragement sweeps over me. I will not let the enemy pull me down. Help me guard my mind and heart. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment