Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Can You Let God Be Control? Really?




“For my thoughts are not your thoughts neither are your ways my ways,”declares the LordAs the heavens are higher than the earth so are my ways higher than your way and my thoughts than your thoughts.Isaiah 55:8-9
 Do you say you give things over to God yet go fretting, stewing, and manipulating trying to control the prayer. So silly if you stop and think of it. I do it. Trying to stop. 

What is it you are trusting God for? I have a couple pretty huge things and yet I have to learn to be still. Confess scripture. Stay still. Pray, and pray some more.

Pastor Jamil Gilleylen of Church of the Highlands Woodlawn Campus Birmingham, Alabama says to put your prayer on the Altar and surrender it. He gave an acronym for ALTAR. ALTAR- prayer is altar where striving ends 

*Ask the Lord to take it 

*Let Go of it. 

*Trust God (trust him when I can’t praise Him)

*Accept it is God’s not yours

My children and grandchildren are God’s 

*Release it for His glory.

Ok good assignment let’s all try it. 


PRAYER: I want to stay under your protective umbrella Lord by trusting you to take those prayers I have prayed and work in the lives of who I prayed for. Give me strength to do this. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. This is excellent. May I use the acronym for my blog and for any talk I may have?

    ReplyDelete