Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 16, 2022

Therefore.....

 


Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming.[You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. Colossians 3:5-7 NIV Bible Gateway  

What is the word ‘therefore’ there for? In this passsge In Colossians 3 it follows verses 1 through 4 so please read them letting a person know that certain things need to be ‘put to death’ in your earthly body to be a true follower of Christ who will not experience the wrath of God. 

Romans 3:23 reminds us that all have sinned so don’t go getting holier than though or pointing fingers at someone you feel has the worst sin because sin is sin. Some sins have worse consequences but in God’s eyes it is sin. 

The Holy Spirit brings conviction of sin and you simply pray and let God work. Are you praying for someone to be released from the tricks and deception of Satan, I know I certainly am. Don’t quit keep on. Victory will come. 

PRAYER: Father I thank you for giving me peace in my heart when I pray that you heard me and will act in your way and your perfect timing. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

                    #Biblegatewayblogger 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment