Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, November 3, 2022

Are You Blessed?



Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places. Ephesians 1:3

As I got on and off my pity party soapbox I felt ashamed for guilting people with my ‘whoa is me’ and for even acting the way I was all over a silly birthday. Another year of life praise God. Instead of complaining and feeling sorry for myself over certain things I should have realized that was the enemy trying to get me to not be thankful for what I had. 

First friends all over the place. Next excellent health. A great place to worship. A wonderful husband. An awesome family. Two beautiful grandchildren. A way to get places meaning a car or bike. I get to serve in church and have an awesome place to worship. Great neighbors. I could go on. 

Can you make your list as well? I am probably not the only one out there who has thrown a pity party with no one attending except you. Before you start feeling sorry for yourself over whatever is on your mind stop and tell Satan to get behind you and lift up your arms and praise God for all you have. 

PRAYER: Oh what a glorious day each day is when the sun comes up and I live under freedom. I am blessed and want to be able to be a blessing not a complainer. Help me Lord to get rid of the stronghold of pity and embrace grace and truth. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday. A lady in our church recently had a birthday. Her daughter came from out of town, maybe, out of state to celebrate the event. I wished her a happy birthday and then said, "I won't ask how old you are." She gladly told me she is 80. Another lady hearing us told me," There comes a time you feel grateful to be able to have another birthday." I won't forget that message.

    ReplyDelete