Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 4, 2022

STDFST



Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your toil is not in vain in the Lord.1 Corinthians 15:58

What does it mean to be steadfast? The letters that make up my devotion title today were seen on a car tag here in Idaho. I just love figuring out messages the owners are trying to convey. It was a Marine Corps owner so it may have even had to do with standing strong for this nation. 

Steadfast means to be unyielding, unwavering, determined. Ephesians 4:14 speaks of not being like children tossed about who can’t make up their minds but to be steadfast as well. 

Being steadfast is a very important character trait to develop and it is done by not getting entangled in worldly affairs that can draw you away from the Lord. It is also keeping your mind focused on things above(Philippians 4:8). How are you in the steadfast department? 

PRAYER: I need you to be my stronghold every minute of everyday to help me not get tripped up and sucked into the deception the enemy throws at me. I choose steadfastness. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment