Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Look Beyond The Tatts


Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. Matthew 7:1-2 NIV Bible gateway

 

It is so easy to make judgments because of misinformation or appearances. The baby boomer generation mostly saw tattoos on sailors, soldiers, gang members  whereas nowadays they seem to be everywhere. 

If you get so focused on judging people who have tattoos you may lose any opportunity for friendship or showing the love of Jesus. Some pastors even have tattoos and I have seen believers with tats showing crosses and Bible verses. I am not here to throw a Bible verse out about not marking up ‘the temple of God’ your body, but simply to say love and not judge. 

I will end with this comical story. 40 years ago we took our first cruise on Carnival Cruise Lines and on board I kept seeing people with little round stickers on their necks so I thought it was a cult so we avoided them and when a few hours went by and we discovered the patches were for sea sickness. Did we get a good laugh. The point is to love one another. You never know how your interaction might make a difference for the kingdom. 

PRAYER:Lord I am not perfect. People might not like my hair, my clothes, and other outward things but inside my heart is sold out to you Jesus. Help me show unconditional love for those I encounter daily. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

#Biblegatewayblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment