Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, June 22, 2019

Why Don’t I Have A Special Skill Set?


Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters. Colossians 3:23
When you start comparing yourself with others you are in for trouble. It leads to discontentment, jealousy, and a host of other things. 
Everyone in life is on a different journey. You may look at someone super talented in a certain area and have wondered why you got shafted in the creative area. But maybe someone is looking at you wondering why they couldn’t be like you. You get the point. Discontentment and comparison is from the pit of hell. 
My good friend Henny gave me a sign which is hanging in my kitchen that simply says ‘Be Yourself. Everyone Else Is Taken.’ No matter what you do don’t be beating yourself up and do what you do good and for the glory of God. Now go shine for Jesus no matter what your skill set! 
PRAYER: Lord I thank you for the gifts and talents you have given me. Help me not be lazy in practicing to get better at things. Forgive me when I have acted less than content and complained. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: I learned that when we compare ourselves to others, we have out eyes on those around us. We are to have our eyes on Jesus.

    ReplyDelete