Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, June 30, 2019

Aging Happens...Poof You’re 50!


Is not wisdom found among the aged? Does not long life bring understanding?Job 12:12

Why is it in Western society people seem to dread getting older? Somewhere after 35 and before 45 you morph into getting to be older. Seemingly great profit is made in the ‘fountain of youth’ industry as attested in numerous commercials and pop up ads.

Old age is not a thing to dread but one to embrace so why can’t we? We long for the good ole days of dark hair and no spare tire.

God has a purpose for everyone at every age. Young people should respect the wisdom of those older. Older people need to say thanks for the years God has given them and know they are here to be used by Him. By all means take care of the ‘temple’ of God eating right and exercising but don’t go overboard trying to be 30 when you are 80. Jesus loves you just the age you are.

PRAYER: Father I am thankful for the years I have been given. I do not dread death as I know I will pass into heavenly glory but I pray for those who seemingly only live for today and who don’t know you to be introduced to Christ. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

2 comments:

  1. "By all means take care of the ‘temple’ of God eating right and exercising" This is something that hubby and I have begun doing for a couple of years.

    "but don’t go overboard trying to be 30 when you are 80." I find this to be humorous. When I shop for clothes for myself are items for the under 30 crowd. I am well over 30, one time I pointed out to the clerk in one particular store I was in that the posters showing women did not have, "one grey haired woman" on them. I don't shop there anymore.

    ReplyDelete