Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, June 17, 2019

God's Park Bench



He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters. Psalm 23:2
Americans in general are a hurried, frazzled bunch of people. The ‘busy badge of honor’ which I wrote about earlier in the year, seems to be the thing to do, sad to say. It is almost as if guilt comes on you if you choose to not have a plan for the day. 

Park benches are there to sit on not just to rest if you pull a muscle on a jog. Sitting and relaxing and pondering. These are really good things for the soul. Don’t be afraid to not ‘hyper schedule’ your day. Those who work full time have the challenge of scheduling rest but you who do not make it happen! 

‘God’s park bench’ is found in Psalm 23. Commonly used at funerals for whatever reason I am not certain, I feel it is more about living today. You may know it but get your Bible out and read it out loud. This rest does not mean become lethargic and lazy because the Bible has things to say about that too, but is simply a time set aside to refresh and renew and recharge that spiritual battery. Now go find a park bench. 

PRAYER: Sometimes I feel guilty of I am not constantly busy as if to prove I have worth and value. Help me Lord know my value and worth is found in you and you alone. Give me strength to say no to things that will cause me to not get needed rest. Help me break strongholds of busyness in my life and make time for getting my strength from you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
Note: Idea for my Title, credit from page 72 of ‘Jesus Prom’ by Pastor Jon Weece, Southland Christian Church, Lexington, KY

No comments:

Post a Comment