Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, June 27, 2019

That Funeral Verse About Living

The LORD is my shepherd, I lack nothing. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, he refreshes my soul. He guides me along the right paths for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:1-4

This verse is often printed on little programs at funerals but in my humble opinion it has way more to do with living than dying. It is a chapter in Psalms that indeed brings great comfort and probably helps  mourners but hear me out on using it for living and being alive! 

Take time right now and get your Bible and read the entire chapter. It is not long. Sometimes it is the only thing in the Bible most people are familiar with other than John 3:16. We need to move way beyond both of those to knowing how to use the Bible to have on your armor for battle daily. The devil has done a great job making ‘church goers’ and some believers think they are fine without reading it but you are NOT.

God leads you, guides you, comforts you, takes away fear. He does that NOW while you are living on this Earth. Don’t short change yourself by missing out on all the wonderful words of life found in the Bible. Start in Psalms and Proverbs. Ask God to reveal truth in his word. The more you read it the more you become like Him in the way you think. Go beyond that ‘funeral verse’. 

PRAYER: I love your word, all of it. Even the begats are there for a purpose. Help me cast of a spirit of laziness or complacency when it comes to getting up and having a quiet time daily. I choose to resist the enemy by using and applying the truth in scripture. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment