Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, March 18, 2018

You Know Me!


I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently find me. Proverbs 8:17

Recently when I went to a favorite place to get coffee the girl at the counter said “Well I haven’t seen you in awhile” in a happy tone of voice. It made me feel sort of special to be missed and was good customer service on her part. I am still smiling. 

In the 1946 classic movie “It’s A Wonderful Life” the late Jimmy Stewart’s character George Bailey, when given his life back by God after enduring a time when he was not born, he was so excited that the first person he saw was a policeman named Bert and Stewart’s character said “Bert you know me!” He was excited to be back and have friends who knew and loved him so nothing else mattered even the threat of jail time. (See the movie if you have not).

God knows you. Do you know Him? Do you want to know Him? He is the best friend you will ever have. He loves you warts and all, no conditions. That is how love is supposed to be. The beauty of having friends and people who know you is wonderful. Imagine how if you acknowledge God daily that you love him and want to spend daily time with Him how He feels. He will proclaim “you know me”!

PRAYER: Oh Lord Jesus how I love you and long to spend time with you. Sometimes I mess up and just leave you waiting while everything else gets in the way. Forgive me Lord. I want to truly put you first and stop saying it. I pray for those close to me to likewise want to know you better. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Click link below for a song of worship to go along with this devotion.
https://youtu.be/2JEuql1zdzg

No comments:

Post a Comment