Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Take Captive Wrong Thinking



"The good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth what is good; and the evil man out of the evil treasure brings forth what is evil; for his mouth speaks from that which fills his heart.” Luke 6:45

I know the drill. I am a former airline industry employee and am aware of the joys as well as pitfalls of standby travel. On a recent day I let it get the better of me. All sorts of wrong thoughts were popping into my head as I tried to ‘figure things out’ and not just sit patiently to find out if a standby seat was available for me on the airline my son works for. I allowed outside factors to control me and not my trust in God. I was literally beating myself up for not planning better. But that was never the problem. 

The issue here is trust and patience as well as being still. I have waited at airport before the entire day to get a seat or to be told try again tomorrow. It is maddening but you can’t let it get you in a slump like where I was headed if I didn’t recognize it and snap out of it. 

Worry, doubt, fear, inferiority complex, all these begin in your mind and can captivate you if you allow them too. When you control your thoughts intentionally, your day is much better. The more you think negative thoughts the more you become sad and depressed. It is necessary to get a handle on wrong thinking before it destroys you. 

PRAYER: I am indeed grateful for the ability to get your power to break strongholds in my life that attempt to consume me. No weapon formed against me will prosper. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment