Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Oscar Who?



I will set no wicked thing before mine eyes: I hate the work of them that turn aside; it shall not cleave to me. Psalm 101:3

I love movies and tonight are the  Academy Awards. The movies that typically win are ones where Hollywood wants to push their idea of normal or their agenda or at least that has been the case the past few years. The whole event often turns in to a conservative Christian bashing so I really almost hate to watch as I don’t care for political agendas masquerading as the Oscars. Two wonderful historical films are nominated for which I hope don’t get ignored that being 'The Darkest Hour' and 'Dunkirk'. 

Just because society says something is good or award winning doesn’t mean anything. A person needs to use discretion in what they choose to put into their minds. An Oscar doesn’t necessarily mean worth viewing especially if values or morals are being compromised. Lately many films attempt to desensitize people to sin. Unless you stay grounded in God’s word you may believe a lie. 

Don’t follow the worlds ways but choose God’s ways. God’s way brings life and truth. The worlds' ways lead you astray and keep you away from things of God. Don’t purposely watch things you know would not please the Lord. Now go enjoy a good movie. There are many fine ones who never get an Oscar nod. 

PRAYER: Lord help me use discernment in the movies I view and not just watch stuff that deals with things I know are against God’s word. I pray for writers and others who create films to come to know you. I am thankful for good directors and writers who produce things to build up. I am also thankful for Pure Flix, Affirm Films, and The Kendrick Brothers for their quality filmmaking.  In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment