Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, March 23, 2018

What Are You Seeking After?


"If you have been raised up with Christ, keep seeking the things above, where Christ is, seated at the right hand of God." Colossians 3:1
Many people answering the above question would say fame, fortune, a promotion, a home in a gated community, a fancy car, and things like that. When speaking of ‘seeking’ in the Christian sense I refer to seeking after the Lord. Is Jesus part of the equation in your everyday life?

It saddens me so much to see how many people are wandering and looking for purpose in life or look at God as a cosmic being and think maybe those of us who seek Him are a little fanatical. Guilty as charged. Satan will make people think crazy stuff to keep them away from God.

Do you want to seek God or are the enticements of the world dragging you away? Maybe you say you believe in God but it ends there. Why? The further you drag yourself into other activities the easier it is to leave God on the shelf. Today pick up your Bible and start reading the Psalms. Try to start my making Sunday truly a day set aside to honor Him. Find a dynamic church preaching the word and then go from there.

PRAYER: Father I lift up people whose hearts are cold or far from you. I lift up others who maybe have not found a church home and need one. I ask you to keep me seeking you with my whole heart and never let me put other things before you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment