Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, November 28, 2014

Your Devotion To Duty


Devote yourselves to prayer being watchful and thankful. Colossians 4:2 
Do you realize what a privilege it is to be able to pray to our Father in Heaven? There are those missing out on this time simply because life gets too busy and sadly Jesus is out totally on the back burner. I have been guilty of it. How do we stop this? 
It is Satan who tries to keep us from reading our Bible and praying as He knows the power that lies in prayer and meditating on scripture. Everything else in life can seem so much more important even the good duty of 'church work' where you may feel you have done your part by simply serving. It also is easy to substitute a good Christian TV sermon for quiet time. That time alone should be cherished and made top priority.
As this year draws to a close and typically becomes to frantic because of Christmas and New Years plans, why not stop and take a breath and purpose in your heart you will spend time daily with God. Someone once told me the word 'busy' could be put into acronym form and mean 'Being Under Satan's Yoke'. It is Christmas, the celebration of Jesus' birth, so why not make sure He fits into your daily schedule?

PRAYER: Thank you for the awesome privilege of praying daily to you. I thank you Lord for the word of God, my Bible, and forgive me when I have let it gather dust. I choose to allow you be a vital part of each day. I resist satan's attempts to get me off track. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment