Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, November 18, 2014

How's My Driving?

But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you;and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
On my travels down the interstate I often see semi-trucks displaying a placard on the back which reads "How's My Driving?Call 000-000-000". This is a way the trucking company can keep tabs on their drivers to insure they are being courteous drivers and obeying posted traffic laws. There was a time I actually called a number when a truck was speeding.What if we believers had a sign on our back that said "How is my 'walk'" and it provided a number for those who came in contact with us daily to report if we were being less than a Christian?Do you suppose a sign would change our behavior? Each of us should be aware we are examples for the Lord. You represent Him. Just because Sunday may be behind you does not mean your Christian life is packed up until the following week. Our job is to witness for Him daily.
Are you doing your part to be a good representative for the Lord or is someone going to have to report you? Obviously no one is really going to call and it is between you and Jesus how you behave but why not purpose in your heart you will live each day as if you could be turned in?

PRAYER: Guide my steps daily Lord as I seek to do and say only that which builds up the kingdom. This means at work and at home and everywhere else. I want to shine for you  and forgive me when I have not been a faithful representative. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment