Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, November 21, 2014

It's Blue Jean Day!


For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. 1 Corinthians 1:18

Those working in corporate America surely become excited like little school children on foot long hot dog day when Friday rolls around. It is casual Friday or blue jean day for those not requiring a uniform to work in. It is a fun way to end the week being casual and perhaps more productive in the long run. 

Wouldn't it be great if Sunday were like blue jean day and we actually looked forward to going to church and learning and growing? For many it is just simply a routine formality they have  been doing for years with no real thought why. For some it is because this is the way our family has always done it without perhaps even making a personal commitment to the Lord and being excited about the Lord. 

Does this describe you? Are you in a rut where church is no fun and you see little sense in it?It might be time to find a growing dynamic church where you look forward to going. This may mean breaking with the family tradition of doing something just because ma and pa did. Find a church that is more about love and grace and less about denominational man made rules. 

Above all search your heart. Is Jesus truly Lord of your life,  first place? I if not why not ask Him to be today. 

PRAYER: Lord I need you in my life.I want to grow and get excited about Sunday and every day. Direct my steps and see if there is any wicked way in me and cleanse me. Show me where you want me to be where I can grow and serve you and be excited in the process. In Jesus' name.Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment