Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Shaking The Finger


When they kept on questioning Him, He straightened up and said to them, "Let any one of you who is without sin be the first to throw a stone at her." John 8:7

As a writer of devotions I have to be very careful to not come across as 'shaking my finger' as if to say "shame on you", as my job is to spread God's love and let the Holy Spirit bring any conviction. It can be easy to fall into the trap of condemning someone's actions as sinful but we need to show the love and grace of our Lord, as when we point a finger there are three pointing back at us.

Many things are wrong and all of us have sinned, but continue to stay in God's word, pray, and show love to others whether you feel they are living a Christian life or not. In Romans 2:4 it says that "kindness leads to repentance" basically meaning in my interpretation that loving a person through their sin or waywardness is the way to bring them to the Lord not banging the Bible over their head.

Are you able to love the person you may feel is mocking God or His word and be patient while God does a work in their heart? Keep praying. That is our job.

PRAYER: Thanks for bringing conviction to my heart when I have done wrong or thought wrong thoughts. My desire is to lead a life pleasing to you and to be on my knees in prayer for your truth to change people. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment