Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Vanity, Vanity, All Is Vanity



For by the grace given me I say to every one of you: Do not think of yourself more highly than you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the faith God has distributed to each of you. Romans 12:3

I get a kick out of reading personalized license plates on vehicles and have even had a few myself in years past. Sometimes they are hard to understand but sometimes quite easy. They can tell much about a person too. For instance the other day I saw one in Alabama that read 2BTOPLS and said "whoa". Too much information. I have seen them that say BAMAFAN, IRUN, SEXY, BACKDOC and so it goes. Some of the ones I or my husband have had in years past have been GODSGR8,RMEFLYR, RMEAV8R, GOD24 7 and N2FLYIN.

These tags on cars are a cute and fun way to tell about hobbies, schools, and priorities in a persons' life. They are known as 'vanity tags' as I guess they can be vain or braggy to some extent. It is sometimes a temptation to not brag to others about what you have accomplished. God wants us to be humble. He is the one who has blessed us with abilities to do certain things. We are to never think more highly of ourselves and put others down.

Whenever you are praised for some accomplishment don't get puffed up but instead give the glory to God.

PRAYER: Help me Lord to remain humble no matter what. Help me let others praise me and not my own lips. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment