Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, November 24, 2014

Looking At My Watch



For he says, "In the time of my favor I heard you, and in the day of salvation I helped you." I tell you, now is the time of God's favor, now is the day of salvation. 2 Corinthians 6:2

On a recent trip, while waiting in the airport for flights, a common scene were passengers looking at their watches. Men and women  were scurrying about trying to get to their gate on time while others were checking how much longer till their flight departed. The watch is a valuable tool to have to keep us on track. 

Our watch will not matter when it comes to wondering when Jesus will return. He will in fact return one day so we need to always be living like today could be the day. No one knows the day nor the hour this will occur so your watch won't matter much. Many may make Christ's return into a joke but it is no joke I can assure you. He will return like He said He would.

If the Lord came today do you know for sure you would go to heaven? Baptism or church membership are not the keys to heaven so that is not the right answer. Being dedicated as a baby is not the key. Being a certain denomination is not the answer either. Knowing for sure you have asked Jesus into your heart to be your Lord and savior is the answer. You can say a simple prayer right now and like this. "Lord Jesus, I need you. Forgive me for living my own way and doing my own thing. I ask your forgiveness and ask you to come into my heart today." 

Now go live for Him and don't worry about your watch.

PRAYER: Lord God I love you and want to serve you all the days of my life. I know I need to keep looking up and not letting the enemy drag me down with his lies. I have placed my hope and trust in you, In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment