Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, October 18, 2014

The New Rude



But all things must be done properly and in an orderly manner. 1 Corinthians 14:40

As I sat recently in a doctors office I was chuckling under my breath with the way rude behavior has been accepted. A lady was non stop on her cell phone doing her business right there in the waiting room. Sure we did not have phones back in the day, but certain things are common courtesy. Many think anything goes. 

Believe it or not God likes good manners. He likes kindness. He likes it when we think of others before ourselves. I understand there may be times when public chatter is unavoidable but all of us must try to be kind and considerate thinking of others first.

Are you in a habit of putting others before yourself? There are many ways to do this. Something as simple as not trying to get your way on a date or day out with friends. See what the other person prefers. Also open a door or two for folks you meet during your day. Keep a smile on your face and try to be grateful. Go into the day making an effort to not let the 'rude monster' rear its' ugly head.

PRAYER: Father God I seek to emulate you as I go about my day. I want to be kind, friendly, and polite. I know I can with you guiding me.  In Jesus' name.Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: You are right, People have become rude. We have to do better about these things.

    ReplyDelete