Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Die Daily To Self




I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. 1 Corinthians 15:31

Self is on the throne in 2014 here in America. With the new "selfies" we have become self obsessed. Commercials on television tout taking care of yourself. We become self worshippers more than God worshippers. Hey do not get me wrong,I have taken a 'selfie' or two but the whole point is our culture encourages putting ourselves on display. If you are a parent of a pre teen or teen it is essential to get control of this.

 In 2 Timothy 3:1-2 it says "But mark this: There will be terrible times in the last days.People will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, proud, abusive, disobedient to their parents" and it continues in the verses that follow. Are any of these things occurring in today's' world?

To die daily to self is to make an intentional act of putting God and others first. Don't think of only yourself but think how you can help your fellow man. This may go contrary to what the world around you wants. Try it and see if you don't feel better.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus the world around me has many needs. Help me to not be selfish and self centered but to look around for ways to die to self daily. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment: