Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Don't Base Your Worth On 'Likes'


The Lord appeared to us in the past, saying: "I have loved you with an everlasting love; I have drawn you with unfailing kindness." Jeremiah 31:3
Wow 113 likes! That must be some person or quite a post. If you are all tied up in your worth based on Facebook then you need to know that 'likes' don't make you better or worse and you should not base your life on them. Forget about it and charge on. I was stuck on it for a time being then thought to myself how stupid it was for me to be checking this status as the only one who truly matters whether they like me is Jesus. My worth is not based on if someone likes a Facebook post or not. That type of living can be superficial at best. Let's say someone has 16 likes and you have none. There you go comparing then getting feelings hurt. Over what? Something really in the big scheme of things that matters little if at all. Or maybe you could have lots of likes and start feeling popular and superior.
The one person you should trying to be impressing already loves you no matter what. That is our Lord Jesus Christ. Even when we slam the door in His face and ignore Him He still is there loving you unconditionally. He does not need Facebook to communicate this love to you. You are very special to Him and are fearfully and wonderfully made. Your life has meaning and a purpose and He does 'LIKE' you and lots!
So next time you catch yourself looking to see which of your Facebook friends 'likes' something you posted, just remember that Jesus likes you yes He does, for my Bible tells me so.
PRAYER: Lord I need self control to not always be going checking my status on Facebook. Every time I am tempted too help me maybe pick up the Bible and read it instead. It holds much more value than my 'likes'. In Jesus' name.AMEN.

No comments:

Post a Comment