Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, October 27, 2014

Backing Away



 Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
If you are blessed with a personality that does not bug anyone be grateful and thankful. After 60 years of life I am still working on trying to be friends with everyone which is virtually impossible. When a close friend who is like a sister almost takes her friendship away though it really is painful. No one is prepared for something like that.

Perhaps a personality quirk drove her bonkers and she broke and could take no more. Who knows. I am always grateful for friends God has blessed me with over the years. I have learned lots from them and grown from the friendships. I have many lifelong friends who are always by my side. When you get blindsided by friends sort of disowning you it is shocking and hurtful. 

If you are there today with me and have gone through this do not be mad at these people but pray for them. You may have done something and or they may have a deeper issue that is bothering them and you sent them over the edge so to speak. Continue to love and pray for them but leave them alone. Maybe God will reignite that friendship flame some day and maybe He won't. Move on and give thanks 

PRAYER: Lord I thank you for the friends in my life since I was born in 1953. You have indeed showered me with blessings. Forgive me when I have irritated people and teach me how to not do that. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

Click on this marvelous song about Christian friendship:

1 comment:

  1. Becky: Thanks for the reminder to pray for those who once were friends who distance themselves from us. I have experienced this in my almost 70 years.
    But, I believe God has worked on who I am and has made me into what He wants me to be.

    ReplyDelete