Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Epicenter


'Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, Surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand.'Isaiah 41:10
Recently in the city of Dallas Ebola struck. Widespread panic set in primarily caused by the news media. Guess what? I also was in Dallas this month and was not a bit worried about it. If you constantly feed your mind on fearful topics naturally you will start to be afraid. I started to read the free daily paper at my hotel then threw it away. All it was doing was inciting fear in article after article.

You may not be scared you will contract Ebola but there may be something else that you allow to consume your life. Fear paralyzes people. Don't allow yourself to fall victim to this. Fear can stop you in your tracks. News flash, fear is not from God. God offers peace. The enemy is the one who loves to scare us. In order to stay peaceful and unafraid feed your mind on good things and do not dwell on those issues that make you a nail biter.

Concerning being in Dallas, I was there in the epicenter of the Ebola concern in the US and I was there with the Moms in Prayer ministry for their 30th birthday celebration. Women from 44 countries flew in. No one was fearing dying of Ebola. This event was planned over two years ago and God knew that 1300 praying women would be here in the center of it all. Faith over fear wins every time.

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I choose to separate myself from those things that incite fear in me. When I start to be afraid I will turn to you and your word not the newspaper. Help me have discipline to be peaceful. In Jesus' name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: Someone close to me is afraid of storms. This person will not admit it but whenever one is predicted to come to our area, he gets panicky. I have learned to pray about these incomong storms and they have either not materialized or they were not nearly as strong as they were thought to be. I always try to praise the LORD after these times.

    ReplyDelete