Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Keep Quiet



But the tongue can no man tame; it is an unruly evil, full of deadly poison. Therewith bless we God, even the Father; and therewith curse we men, which are made after the similitude of God. Out of the same mouth proceeds blessing and cursing. My brethren, these things ought not so to be. James 3:8-10

No man can control the tongue is quite the understatement! Everyone has an opinion. I have to chuckle when I recall a humorous comment made to me in a Bible study I co-led back in the early 90's. This girl says "I love you to death Sister Miller, but you are mighty opinionated." That can be good or bad. We never want our comments or opinions to stir up strife among friends. Sometimes better just to keep opinions to ourself. Some things are better left unsaid. Words can cause tremendous strife and division. 

Controlling the tongue is a major problem for many people and as this verse indicates "no man can tame it". We certainly can get into the word and study scriptures on the mouth and our words we can get a better grasp on being careful with our speech. 

Examine yourself and see what you need to do in order to take control of the words you speak. Don't let blessing and cursing flow from the same mouth.

PRAYER: I love you Lord and you want me to love others. Sometimes I have not done that or spoken poorly of someone. Forgive me Lord as that does not show the world I am a follower of you. In Jesus' name.Amen.

Click on link for awesome song of praise.

1 comment:

  1. Becky: I just read the book of James this morning. It is hard to control our tongues. I used to sit with my mouth closed and a finger over the closed lips in order to keep myself out of trouble. Some times even now, I find myself doing it.

    ReplyDelete