Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

One, Two, Three! Are You Ready?



Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. John 14:27

I fulfilled a dream of something I had thought about doing since I was 23. I tandem jumped from 14000 feet out of a perfectly good airplane! Yes that is right. I am not crazy but wanted to do something that really took courage and with God's help and lots of prayers I succeeded. Guess what, although petrified at first, I liked it and may go again one day!

That particular day I had many praying for me and such a supernatural peace came over me which I can not describe. I smiled all the way down, no joke. It was a very surreal experience. I just had to decide to do it and go for it. Once we sat on the edge of the doorway exit of the plane dangling my legs over the side, the instructor asked if I was ready then he said "one, two,three" then out we went flying through the air at 120 miles per hour so they said.

Is there something you have been hesitant to do for whatever reason? It may not be skydiving but something much less risky but still you need to have courage to go forward. Let God be your strength and source of power.

PRAYER: My hope and trust is indeed in you Lord. You watch over me. Your plans for me are wonderful. Give me courage to do what it is I have been fearing. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Note: Attached pictures of my big adventure.
3 Attachments

Preview attachment Becky 087.JPG
Image
Becky 087.JPG
Preview attachment Becky 029.JPG
Image
Becky 029.JPG
Preview attachment Becky 151.JPG
Image
Becky 151.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment