Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Debbie Downer


 Even fools are thought wise if they keep silent, and discerning if they hold their tongues. Proverbs 17:28(NIV)

 Impulsive people have trouble in life. I tend to be impulsive and am working on taming this monster of fast reactions. It is especially helpful to be able to control it when it comes to talking and emailing. If we react to something then do not wait and think and immediately respond then we can cause trouble which was never intended to happen.

My husband always reminds me of this too. "Why pass on bad news to the kids he will say" if I see something about a storm or accident for instance.  We should only want to pass on that which will build up or uplift not possibly drag down. But if you are impulsive and do not think things through first, or wait 24 hours because you just have to act on something, then things could backfire or create turmoil and misunderstanding.

Yes indeed in life it is good to be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry as it says in James 1:19.

 PRAYER: Today Lord I need your help to be calm and peaceful and wait. Help me think before I act or react. Forgive me if my impulsiveness has ever hurt anyone. Put a watch over my mouth. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment