Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Word Power



May these words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14
There are many times in my life where I forgot to think before I spoke and then regretted it. Words are so important and so is patience before you speak. The wrong words can hurt feelings, bring misunderstandings, and damage relationships.It is always good to pause, take a breath, and think before you speak. This could even mean "emailing" before you think things through.

Our mouth is used to praise God, bless others, share good news, recite Bible verses and so much more. What it should not engage in is gossip, complaining, backbiting, rudeness, anger, cursing, judging or belittling.

It is so hard to wait, at least for me. We want to give our opinion or speak out before knowing the facts. If this describes you as well God can help you gain self control over this. Just ask Him. He is the great Healer and Deliverer. 

PRAYER: I try so hard on my own effort to watch what I say. Give me your strength to master this. Let my words be few and acceptable to you. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment