Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, April 14, 2014

Unable To Connect



'Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.’ Jeremiah 33:3
Don't you just love it when your technical problems start to wreak havoc in your day? Your computer goes down. The wireless router stops working. The printer decides not to work. Your phone gets messed up. Oh technology is nice when it is running. We become dependent upon it and when it becomes disabled we possibly might be in a panic mode.

We are always connected to God. No voice mail, answering machine, or error messages. He does not require a password for access but simply being weak and heavy laden as it says in Matthew 11:28. One thing I love doing is having alone days with God up on a mountain top here in Huntsville. Jesus went alone to quiet places and prayed. Make believe for a moment you are living in the times past with no electricity or the conveniences we enjoy today. We become accustomed to them and are upset when they don't work. Find a quiet place you can go to and talk to God. Imagine you have no television to turn on, perhaps the electricity is out. Some of the best times I remember were when we lived in Illinois and had an ice storm thus shutting down everything. It was a nice time with family and no distractions. Just quietness.

God wants you to spend time with Him because you want to not because you feel obligated. Is He truly Lord of your life and first place?

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for times when nothing works because it is then I see how much I need you in my life. In Jesus' name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. Becky: I get frustrated when I can't get connected to the Internet or when my cell phone doesn't do as it should. But God is always there, ready to listen and to talk to me. He has helped me through a few very rough spots in my life. Yes, He is the Lord of my life and holds first place in my heart,

    ReplyDelete