Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, April 24, 2014

No Pain, No Gain


But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
I awakened Easter morning with pain in my hip. This is unusual for me since I am active and energetic.Friends affectionately call me "The Energizer Bunny". Whenever I get sick or hurt it always makes me grateful and blessed for the excellent health I enjoy the rest of the time. I don't take it for granted!  People often comment "I wish I had half your energy" and at times I wish I could bottle it and sell it.  Every now and then it helps to have something happen so you can know what people in pain experience on a daily basis, then maybe you are better able to pray for them. I am not saying God gave me this but it can be used to make me more compassionate for those dealing with pain continually. 
Maybe some reading this suffer from pain of some sort. It is no fun to physically or  emotionally hurt. Either way instead of cursing God why not ask Him to use you just where you are. 

PRAYER: I am grateful for those times I hurt so am better able to pray for those hurting every day. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment