Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, November 19, 2012

YOUR LIFE IN A PATCHWORK QUILT


 For any of you fortunate enough to have a grandma or a mom who quilts you know what a neat thing it is to receive the gift of a quilt. The most recent new quilt I got to view was one my friend Kim and her new husband David received last year for a wedding gift from her mom. A special pen was used by the guests to sign their name on it. When someone takes the time to make any type of homemade gift you feel extra special and blessed.

My grandma used to give us quilts that had pieces of fabric from dresses she or my mother had made us. When I would see the fabric, a flood of memories came rushing back. My aunt made us a double wedding ring quilt for a wedding gift and it too was such a neat gift of love. Quilts can tell a life story or at least a special part of one.

Your life is like a quilt. You do different things and go different places in life and these can be put together to tell a story. Every place life takes you is a chance to impact the world around you. Are you making a good impression or is it necessary to go hide your face somewhere? What type of "fabric" would your quilt have on it to tell your life story?

Are you cheerful, helpful, generous, polite, considerate, humble, loving, forgiving, and joyful or just the opposite? Think about that in relation to someone maybe piecing together a quilt of your life. What would it look like?

'In everything set them an example by doing what is good. In your teaching show integrity, seriousness.' (Titus 2:7)

PRAYER: Lord God I want you to be in the center piece of my "quilt of life" and want to shine for you in every facet of my life. I want to live so that when you come back you will say 'well done good and faithful servant.' In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment