Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, November 24, 2012

FOOTBALL COACHES COME AND GO BUT....


 Many people all over America are football fans or fanatics. I am not one of them so may be considered an oddity. During college and professional football season one thing I take note of is how fickle the fans and school can be. If a coach loses one or two games and can not get the team to a bowl game his multi million dollar contract is in jeopardy. It is like the world is revolving around the almighty "pigskin". Quarterback Tim Tebow brought the Christian emphasis to the game in the past couple years but now you hardly hear anything about him since going from the Denver Broncos to New York Jets. So whether a player or a coach, watch out if you aren't doing everything right.

In life if we are not 'winning' Jesus does not look for a replacement. He does not sit there with a statistics card in hand evaluating your performance and then saying 'next'. No Jesus is loving, gracious, and kind and loves us no matter what. Our sins sadden him but he gives us a second chance. If we accept Him and ask Him to be Lord of our life we will then have eternal life in heaven once our time on earth is over.
For instance, in the story found in the book of John Chapter 8 verse 11 concerning the woman caught in the act of adultery who the Pharisees wanted to stone this verse says 'go and sin no more.' He forgave her and set her on her way to have another chance. In 2 Peter 3:9(ESV) it says 'The Lord is not slow to fulfill his promise as some count slowness, but is patient toward you, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should reach repentance.'
Aren't you glad our God is not going to discard us for making a mistake? Unlike fickle fans and those in charge of hiring and firing, Jesus alone is waiting at the door of your heart. He is knocking. Want you let Him come in today?
Revelation 3:20(KJV) Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
PRAYER: Father thank you for accepting me with all my problems and mistakes I have made in life. Your love for me is unconditional. Forgive me Lord when I have ignored you. I know I need you in my life and need to make you first priority. Help me Lord resist the temptation to make other things more important. In Jesus' name. Amen.
Once again I have included a link below to an awesome and appropriate song. Hope you have time to listen and worship God.

No comments:

Post a Comment