Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, November 5, 2012

SING PRAISES INSTEAD OF SPEAKING WORRIES


Our mouth is a powerful tool for good or bad. We can use it to uplift or to belittle. We can use it to hurt others or to praise them. When it comes to things we tend to worry about we can speak fear and worry or faith, hope, and trust.

God inhabits the praises of His people it says in Psalm 22:3. Matthew 12:37 says "For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned."



The Bible says in Colossians 3:2 to "set your mind on things above not about things on earth." Focusing on what terrible things might happen takes you further away from the Lord. He wants you to trust him that He will see you through.

What is bothering you today? Are you able to let this burden go knowing full well your useless worry makes you sick inside and brings glory to the enemy Satan who is a peace robber? The Bible says in 1 Peter 5:7 to "Cast all your cares on Him for he cares for you." Do you believe that? It is true!
The power of life and death is in the tongue it says in Proverbs 18:21. If you sit around only speaking negative that is probably what you will get and your mindset will be negative. For God's People to have peace you have to fill your mind with good thoughts! Remember is says in Philippians 4:8 "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things."
Today why not trust Him and know He has all things under control by His mighty hand and His outstretched arm. His love does endure forever. Let me leave you with this comforting scripture. Psalm 37:25 says "I was young and now I am old, yet I have never seen the righteous forsaken or their children begging bread." Trust Him today.
PRAYER: Father God when it seems the world is caving in around us I know Lord you are in charge. I know you love me with an everlasting love. I know you care. Father God help me to lean on you and forget the issues and problems of the day. Help me keep my television set off and instead pick up my Bible and start reading the Psalms and Proverbs. 'The Today Show' and 'Good Morning America' will not bring me peace and will waste a big chunk of my time. Lord your word brings me comfort. Help me to read it daily. Forgive me when I have forgotten to spend time with you. Father God the sun rises and sets each day whether I worry or do not worry. When I stay focused on you and your word it is much easier to have peace. When the world around me seems to be spinning out of control I know Lord you are there and will rescue me. In Jesus name. Amen.

Click on link to worship the Lord.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday as I sat in church, I heard the pastor speak one word and I got convicted. I had been complaining about things lately. Then, I come here and you quote Phil. 4:8.I believe God is telling me something. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete