Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, March 7, 2011

ABIDE IN GOD

Going to church on Sunday is great and we should all desire to go and pray for an open mind to hear the message of God from the minister, priest or rabbi. It is a command to go to church on Sunday according to Exodus 20:8. It is not a matter of punching a ticket and saying "been there, done that, got my tee shirt" so to speak but it should be life changing and life impacting. The enemy will think of ways to get you distracted on Sunday so you miss that one hour of fellowship. It should be something you look forward to and want to do!

Learning about God and desiring God should not end at noon on Sunday. Being a Christian should be an 'abiding' lifestyle. You should want to learn more and you should want to grow. If you are not hungry for the things of God why aren't you? Perhaps you need to attend a church that gets you excited about Jesus. Jesus is not boring. He wants you to live fulfilled. Sometimes you might have to change churches if you feel you are not where you get excited to be a follower of Christ. For some that may be hard since they feel obligated to attend a certain denomination only because their family did. Newsflash! God is not a Presbyterian, a Methodist, a Catholic,an Episcopalian, a Church of Christ member, a Lutheran, member of the Assembly of God  or a Baptist to name a few. Let's all just name the name of Jesus and walk in unity as brothers and sisters in Christ. We need to get into the word on a daily basis and follow it. Jesus is the one to be liftted up, not a certain denomination.

John 15:4-7 says " Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit: for without me ye can do nothing.  If a man abide not in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.  If ye abide in me, and my words abide in you, ye shall ask what ye will, and it shall be done unto you."

Nehemiah 8:10 tells us "the joy of the Lord is your strength." Are you joyful? Do you have the joy of Jesus in your heart? Being a Christian should be a joyful thing. Are you dragged down by things that keep you from focusing on the good things God has for you? 1 Peter 5:7 says to " Cast all your care on him for he cares for you." Say 'here it is Lord according to your word I am giving this problem over to you and asking for your peace to enter my heart.' God can lift you up and restore you and then it will be easier for you to abide daily with him.

So today I challenge you to search your heart and see if there is any wicked way in it and if you have not already asked Jesus to be Lord of your life invite him in right now.

PRAYER: Lord I thank you that this is another day of life you have given me to be a light for you in the world around me. I need help sometimes getting into the word of God so I ask you help me get rid of distractions that are keeping me away from wanting to spend time and 'abide' with you. I want to get closer to you Lord and I know it is important in order to defeat the lies of the enemy. Forgive me of anything I have done that has separated me from you Lord. I want to walk with you with a clean and perfect heart. In Jesus Name. Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment