Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, March 13, 2011

MISCOMMUNICATION

There can never be enough written about the mouth, the pen, the email keyboard and communication. Sometimes we may mean for something to come out sounding one way when it is misunderstood or miscommunicated. This can happen lots these days of texting and emailing. The text may not have been 'spell checked' and thus comes up totally different than it's writers' intent. But these miscommunications can hurt or wound people depending on how they handle rejection.  We say things, often times without thinking, and wound others. We never meant to hurt anyone but it just happens.  It depends on how you were raised and how you handle being left out and things like that.
God understands. He is our security. We can run to him when we have messed up and say "lord help me, there I did it again. I wounded someone and did not mean to." If we have been hurt by someone who said the wrong thing we have to learn to forgive even if they did not seek forgiveness, blow it off, and move on.
Words,emails, and text messages can come out confusing, hurtful, braggy, sarcastic but on the positive side they can be encouraging, loving,helpful, kind, and motivating. We just need to be aware of what we are writing or saying and how it will be perceived by the hearers or receivers. Ephesians 4:29 tells us to " do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen."
Psalm 19:14 says 'May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight oh Lord my rock and my redeemer."
PRAYER: Help me this day and every day to be careful what I say and how I say it. Forgive me if I have unknowingly hurt anyone with my words and help me to forgive others who have  hurt me. in Jesus name, amen!!

No comments:

Post a Comment