Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

ARE YOU UNARMED?

We had a friend once who if you forgot your Bible when you went to church would tell us we were unarmed. Many churches today put the scripture verses upon the big screen for all to see and I have looked around and noticed probably because of this many may become lazy and not bring their own Bible. I feel it is important to still have you own Bible with you so you can take notes in the margins and look up other verses the minister may not mention.

It is good to get into the word. You are not going to know how to fight your daily battles and have peace unless you look in the book.It is our instruction manual of sorts. We should delight ourselves in God's word. The enemy has tried to get rid of the word for in it he, Satan, knows we have victory and the key to eternal life. The Bible is the best selling book of all time but many of us do not even bother to get to know what is within its' pages. If you claim to be a follower of Christ it is necessary to get into the word and learn what it says for it is truth and will teach you how to lead your life day to day. From it we have the standard of right and wrong .Without it there is chaos and confusion. You can not have victory if you do not open it.
 
A soldier in battle would not go out on the battlefield and leave his rifle or grenades behind. It would be dangerous and foolish. A police officer would not leave home without his handcuffs on his belt, his pepper spray and his gun. A postman who walks door to door would not start his route without his mace to spray dogs on his route who chase him. These are his tools to protect  him from the enemy he may face each day. Likewise our enemy is Satan and he is waging a war for our souls. Through God's word we have the power to defeat the enemy.

Jeremiah 15:16 says "When I discovered your words, I devoured them. They are my joy and my heart's delight, for I bear your name, O LORD God of Heaven's Armies." Psalm 19:7 says" The law of the LORD is perfect,refreshing the soul. The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy, making wise the simple." In Psalm 37:31 it says "The teachings of his God are in his heart. His feet do not slip." Psalm 119:11 says" Your word have I hidden in my heart that I might not sin against you." Your assignment today is to find your Bible and read John chapter 15 and pray God would give you a hunger and thirst for his word.

Be ready and 'armed' and dangerous against the attacks of the enemy.



PRAYER: Dear Lord I love the Bible and am so thankful I live in a nation where currently I am free to carry it places and read it openly. Help me never take it for granted as I know many countries you can be jailed or killed for reading Gods' word. Thank you for the fact I own several Bibles. Help me remember to open the word of God daily in order to win victory in my daily life. In Jesus Name. Amen.

NOTE: Today while writing this today I experienced a strange vision problem and could not hardly see to type the words on the page .It is scary and made me appreciate the fact I can see and write and drive my car. Even now as I finish I am struggling to see words on the page as some are blurred. Pray for me as I feel the enemy is attacking me as he does not like what I am doing on a daily basis. If he could incapacitate me by making me not see then I could not write.He is crafty but God is greater. Hallelujah.

No comments:

Post a Comment