Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, March 26, 2011

TURN ON THE POWER

You can enter a dark room but will be in total darkness unless you know to flip the switch to illuminate the room and be able to see. Many so called Christians are sort of powerless. They do all the 'right' things by going to church on Sunday, not being bad, paying taxes, being kind and putting offering in the plate but they lack the spiritual zeal and fire and sometimes it may be hard to tell they really love the Lord. I have heard the term 'frozen chosen' referring to some denominations who maybe are timid about raising their hands in the air to praise Jesus. Some people may say, 'now don't you go overboard with that religious stuff' or you act like a 'Jesus freak' and I say to them, "What is wrong with being a Jesus freak?"  We are here on earth to serve him not just occupy space.

If you want to shine for Jesus your spiritual fire has to be lit. Just going to church on Sunday then having no desire for prayer or other Christian growth such as Bible reading or listening to praise and worship music all week keeps you sort of only a flicker of a candle. If you do not feed your spirit it will die out.Satan loves complacency in Christians. He wants you to just be 'churched' and that is all. For when you start to hunger and thirst for growing in Christ and getting into the Bible Satan is scared. It is then you start to have power to defeat the enemy and win victories in your life.

Many Christians are what we call 'carnal' where they do nice things but Christ is sort of outside their life. They do not include him or think of him. It is not about going to a church building but it is about accepting Christ and dusting off your Bible and knowing him through his word. Many of us have more desire to watch secular TV than we do to open the Bible. Many will pay good money to go see a rock band but no money for a Christian movie or concert. I guess those folks are undercover Christians right? Wrong.

Satan loves this type of people. The ones who are not excited about loving the Lord and barely know how to find the books in the Bible. We can not be effective for  him unless we know the word for it is there we find the things we need to help ourselves and other people. Or Satan's lie is "You are so heavenly minded you are no earthly good."

The desire has to be there and that is part of problem. Many have no desire at all to pick up the word except when told to in church on Sunday. This to me then sounds like a heart transformation is needed. You can not just go to church one day a week and say you love Jesus. It takes getting to know him. Sometimes 'religion' has turned people off and what they need is a church where Jesus is alive and their is a non judgmental attitude and where you can come as you are and feel accepted, warts and all. No special clothing is needed to get in the door only a desire to praise and worship the Lord. A 'relationship' is needed where Jesus is Lord of your life and you want to talk about him and want to please him in your actions. Don't fit Jesus into your day, fit your day around Jesus.

Matthew 6:33 says to "Seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness and all these things will be added unto you." Is Jesus really first in your life? Are you ashamed to identify yourself as a Christian in some settings? The Bible says "If you are ashamed of me I will be ashamed of you"(see Mark 8:38). Matthew 5:6 says "Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness for they shall be filled."

I will close with Psalm 63:1-8. Meditate on what it says and pray if you do not feel excited to be a Christian ask God to change that. Prayer changes things. " You, God, are my God, earnestly I seek you; I thirst for you, my whole being longs for you, in a dry and parched land where there is no water.  I have seen you in the sanctuary  and beheld your power and your glory.  Because your love is better than life, my lips will glorify you.  I will praise you as long as I live,  and in your name I will lift up my hands.  I will be fully satisfied as with the richest of foods;  with singing lips my mouth will praise you. On my bed I remember you; I think of you through the watches of the night.  Because you are my help, I sing in the shadow of your wings.  I cling to you; your right hand upholds me."


PRAYER: Father there may be those reading this today who fit the category of a carnal Christian. One who says he is a Christian simply because of baptism or that he goes to church or is a 'member'  but has no desire for you in his life except on Sunday. A Christian life is to be a 24/7 life for the Lord. Lord you are to be in every aspect of our life. Help anyone who struggles to ask themselves if they really have asked you to be Lord of their life and if not to do it now. In Jesus Name, Amen!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qQm8283qsg

No comments:

Post a Comment