Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

PLANS, PLANS, AND MORE PLANS

 
Most people have goals, purposes and dreams in life. As a Christian we know that God has a plan for  us and wherever we go it is ultimately because that is where he wants us to serve him. If we forget that, we can become discouraged and depressed over the outcome of a job, move or any thing to do with or career. The Lord has a plan and purpose for his followers to do his kingdom work and he will use you where he places you. You only need to trust him. Let him be in the drivers seat.
 
Today my younger son will find out where he will be spending the next four years of his life in medical residency in an ER program so it is a nerve racking day waiting for 'the envelope please' at the 'Match Day'  ceremony at the Medical School he attends. Medical schools throughout the country today have the same ceremony and it is a big deal. This is the time he finds out if he made a 'match' with one of his top choices of schools somewhere in the United States he has interviewed with the past 5 months. Hopefully and prayerfully it will be one of his top four choices, but if not, then there must a reason. It is sometimes hard to not see that at first. As his parents of course, my husband and I want him to get his favorite place so we pray for him to get one of his top four also but also pray for Gods' will and for the Lord to prepare a place for him and use him where he sends him.
 
Jeremiah 29:11 says "For I know the plans I have for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Proverbs 16:33 says "We toss the dice, but it is the Lord who controls its decision." We know that he is working out all things for our good ultimately as it says in Romans 8:28.
 
There may be a few desert experiences but if so then he is training you and preparing you for something greater and eventually you will be back on the 'mountaintop." Know too that he will take care of your needs. (See Philippians 4:19). Thank him for good and thank him for the other not so good stuff too.
 
When I was a single 2nd Lieutenant in the Army living in Pacific Grove, California I had a poster on my apartment wall that had Ephesians 3:20 on it. It reads, "Now glory be to God, who by his mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or even dream of- infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes." What that says to me is that God is in control and he knows what he is doing. Sometimes you may not understand why things happen the way they do but you look back and see the reason and at times may refer to these detours,setbacks or disappointments as 'God things" because he knew best. Philippians 1:6 says that "I am sure that God who began the good work within you will keep right on helping you grow in his grace until his task within you is finally finished on that day when Jesus Christ returns."
 
We are not here on earth simply to take up space and buy and sell and exist but we are here to be a representative for the Lord and work to help others know him too. Once you have asked Christ to be Lord of your life your desires change and you want to serve him. Disappointments may come but God can get you through them. Commit your life to the Lord and just say "Lord Jesus you place me where I can best be used to serve you' and then trust him with the outcome.
 
Exodus 23:20 says "See, I am sending an angel ahead of you to guard you along the way and to bring you to the place I have prepared."
 
Proverbs 3:5-6 are two of my favorite Bible verses which say "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not unto your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he will direct your paths." In Psalm 37:4 it reads "Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart". Do you delight in the Lord?  Do you say 'here I am Lord send me?"(See Isaiah 6:8). God can perform a miracle and he can put you in some great places in life. Just know he holds the future in his hand.
 
PRAYER: Lord help me to trust you each and every day. There may be times I do not understand why something is the way it is so help me Lord to not gripe and complain when things seemingly do not turn out a certain way. Lord I want to yield to you and your purposes in my life. In Jesus Name. Amen.
 
(NOTE: Song below sort of goes hand in hand with my devotion. Be blessed as you listen to it. )
 

No comments:

Post a Comment