Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

BY CHANCE?? NOT!!

Yesterday I had another 'God thing moment" happen at a local coffee shop. I had just watched 'Enjoying Everyday Life with Joyce Meyer'  that morning and she had talked about times she went to a coffee shop or someplace and she just wanted to be by herself and read the Bible and about a time or two when she was 'disturbed' by someone who wanted her time when she was trying to study the Bible. It sort of reminded me of James 1:27 which says "pure and undefiled religion before God and the Father is this, to visit orphans and widows in their trouble, and to keep oneself unspotted from the world." 

This kind of happened to me. I was at a local coffee shop sitting waiting for a friend when  a lady came up to the couch I was sitting on and started talking. I had planned to read my book for fifteen minutes while I waited for my friend but I got into this conversation about all sorts of stuff.  I ended up giving out another Moms in Touch brochure, which I have done alot in my travels, and discovered this lady had a son who maybe had  been in the same class in school with one of mine.  I do not know if this lady was going through anything or not. She was kind of shaky when she sat down and I just thought it was time to talk and not read. It is a matter of dying to self and our desires and reaching out to others. Like what do you say, "leave me alone I want to read my Bible."  I don't think so.

Do not pass up opportunities that God gives you to minister his love to others. There are no chance encounters in the kingdom of God. Things do happen for a reason and sometimes we can look back on things and see the reason or purposes. We can not always at the time we are in the midst of them.

I think of another verse about 'entertaining'  angels unaware. Hebrews 13:2 tells us to "not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some have unwittingly entertained angels."

So where are you going today?  What does God have in store for you? Be alert for the opportunities he places in your path on a daily basis to be a light in the world and 'his hands and feet.'

PRAYER: Dear Lord I want to share your love with those you have placed in my path. Not through a Christian bumper sticker or a cross around my neck but by real action. Help me be aware to the people in my path that need your touch today Lord. In Jesus name amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment