Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

SEED PLANTERS

 
Some people naturally have a green thumb and can grow anything. Not me. I look at a plant and it dies. Not really, but almost. And to think I live on a farm with lots of crops. Good thing my husband does most of the work on those. But I am a different kind of seed planter. I plant seeds for the Lord and so can you. What I mean by that is every time you are nice to someone or even directly share about Jesus with a person you are 'seed planting'. It does not even have to be an obvious thing where you start talking about the Bible and you scare folks off since they think you are 'religious' and want to run the other way. It can be as simple as your relationship as friends where they see something different in you, or they should if you are walking with the Lord.
 
 As a Christian we should be 'seed planting' every day while at work, at leisure and even in church. Yes it is true not everyone in church is going to heaven. Some may be shocked or angry I even say this. We want all people to be in heaven but there are lots of searchers in church or some who come who have never asked Jesus to be Lord of their life.Simply filling a pew each Sunday does not guarantee admission to the heavenly kingdom. Many feel just because they join a church that is all they need to do to get into heaven. Nothing in my Bible says anything about a certain denomination having dibs for heaven or church membership getting you in. As a matter of fact there is nothing in the Bible that I know of about church membership. So we are to know Jesus personally and ask  him into our heart,repent of our sins and follow this with a believers baptism. Just because your grandma went to such and such church and you automatically go there too does not mean you have a personal relationship with Jesus. Remember church is not a social club but it should be a place you go and grow and get excited about Jesus. You should want a relationship not a religion. So yes we can plant seeds even within the walls of the church.
 
Wherever we go we are to impact our world for Christ. We represent him here on earth and while here are to do his work to try to win others into the kingdom of heaven. Do not be afraid because "God did not give you a spirit of fear but of power and love and a sound mind".(2 Timothy 1:7). Pray for opportunities to share Christ with those around you and for boldness to do it.
 
Seed planters go about their day sharing God's love with the people around them either in direct or indirect ways. 1 Corinthians 3:6 is often a verse I think about in my rambling life as a military spouse where we make friends and then have to move on. It says "I planted the seed in your hearts, and Apollos watered it, but it was God who made it grow." Maybe something you said or did impacted a friend for Christ and you will not see the fruit because someone else in another location they live in will 'water that seed' and then yet another person may see the increase or the fruit or your initial 'seed planting'. It is exciting. You just be the child of God he made you to be and love your friends and 'be Jesus' to them and let the Holy Spirit do the rest.
 
Go out into your world and be a witness and a 'seed planter' for the Lord. Acts 1:8 says "But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth."
 
PRAYER: Thank you Jesus that we know if we ask you into our hearts you will come and live in us. Father if there are those reading this who are not sure they are going to heaven help them right now call on you and say "Jesus I need you and I want you to be Lord of my life. I believe by faith I am saved. Forgive me of my sins and help me walk with you and be a light in this dark world. Help me press on to know you better by reading your word and praying and above all finding a good Bible believing church." In Jesus name, Amen!

No comments:

Post a Comment