Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, August 1, 2024

Who Do You Follow?



“Come, follow me,” Jesus said, “and I will send you out to fish for people.”Matthew 4:19

I have several friends who are not on social media and I say more power to them. I am glad I was born when I was without the clamoring of having to be known by everyone and have zillions of likes on social media. It is tiresome. 

Not trying to guilt anyone but what do you find yourself doing first thing in the morning? Is it checking Facebook, Tik Tok, Instagram or do you stop and take a breath and take time to check in with the Most High God. He wants you to follow Him. 

Why do celebrities matter? I imagine there are some of them that would like to be anonymous and not have everyone going crazy over them. I think social media is like a giant People magazine but seriously why do any of us need to know? Take time to rest, take a breath, download the You Version Bible App and take inventory. Even with the so called ‘good’ emails from things start deleting and unsubscribing. Give yourself freedom to relax. Now go talk to Jesus and have a great rest of your day! 

PRAYER: Father I love you and thank you for loving me and waiting for me to talk to you many days when the tyranny of the urgent seems to push you out. Forgive me. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment