Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Favor, Blessing, Not Luck

 





Let love and faithfulness never leave you; bind them around your neck, write them on the tablet of your heart.Then you will win favor and a good name in the sight of God and man.Proverbs 3:3-4


I bristle when I hear the word luck. Luck is chance or random events and I choose to instead lean toward God’s favor or blessing. 

For instance someone might say you were sure lucky to be bumped to first class. I would respond it was the favor of God. The word luck itself is not inherently bad but it impliesa gamble of sorts. As a believer I choose to think a person receives blessings. 

Oh Becky that is so ridiculous after all there is a children’s animated feature entitled Luck released in 2022 where this girl’s luck is always bad. I would encourage parents try to say things more positive such as “You sure are blessed!” Sure it is a cute little movie what harm can be done? Our children and grandchildren’s minds are being shaped by this culture so why not try to counter attack culture with God blessing them? 

PRAYER: Father it isn’t luck that has gotten me to where I am. It is the hand of God, I know that. Help any one who doubts start practicing saying blessed instead of lucky. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment