Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, August 2, 2024

Ignore The Pop Ups

 


Do not love the world or the things in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh and the desires of the eyes and pride of life—is not from the Father but is from the world. And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever.1 John 2:15-17

Recently I was having a great morning. Called a long time friend to sing Happy Birthday on her big 7-0 which is the new 49 by the way. Next I listened to a message by Pastor Jentzen Franklin and read some scripture but in between all this my mind got distracted by pop ups that drew me away from what I was doing. 

Satan is like that. You are on point doing your thing and having prayer with the Almighty then poof, a pop up distracts you and you click on it only to be led to a ‘must see’ story on a celebrity you like because your computer knows from your search history who you search for. Anyway before you know it you are off on a rabbit trail with no purpose.  

How do you get yourself in a daily habit of staying on task and keeping your mind on Christ? It takes discipline. You must decide how important looking at everyone’s daily Facebook status really is and then charge on for Jesus. Enjoy your life and try to put Jesus first. This is not a denomination thing, a church thing, and so forth but is a habit you can ask the Holy Spirit to instill in you. Go for it! 

PRAYER: Today and every day I need you in my life Lord. I wake up and get depressed or sad and start wrong thinking I cry out to you and ask for help. I also ask you to forgive those who have hurt me past, present, and future. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment