Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Communication….Very Vital



Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath. 
James 1:19

On a flight recently the lady in the seat next to me said “Habla Espanol” and unfortunately even though I took Spanish in college I can’t speak but a few words. The day this occurred ironically the Lenten devotion I read was about communicating. 

Today my son and his lovely bride are celebrating 10 years of Holy matrimony aka marriage. Communication is one of the pillars of a good marriage relationship. It is give and take, understanding, learning when not to speak, and being kind and putting the other person first. 

How are your communication skills? Do they need some work? God wants you to be kind, loving, and also still. Why not work on that today? 

PRAYER: My heart breaks for those whose communication led to fights and divorce. Also for those estranged from family members who have refused to forgive and thus begin healing. Help me Lord to make this verse the center of my married life and elsewhere. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

Dedicated to Jon and Amber Miller. 
image0.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment