Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, June 25, 2022

Prying Into Another’s Business Can Wreak Havoc



But let none of you suffer as a murderer, or as a thief, or as an evildoer, or as a busybody in other men's matters. Yet if any man suffer as a Christian, let him not be ashamed; but let him glorify God on this behalf.1 Peter 4:15-16

Have you ever been caught up in a conversation which ends really as a gossip chain because every person is speculating and no one really knows all the facts. I confess I have and it leaves me uneasy, ashamed, and sad at myself for not be slow to act and slow to speak. 

As the Navy says “Loose Lips Sink Ships” and it can even happen in church or prayer chains. Don’t speculate. Don’t allow the enemy to create division in the body. Keep your nose in your own business. 

If you are with others and they start speculating and getting gossipy don’t enter into the conversation. Maybe even take the action of saying “Gotta go now” and get away from the temptation of this horrible habit when no one really knows. Make sure to keep prayers confidential if someone asked you to as well. Just saying, 

PRAYER: Father I left my hands to you in praise and adoration. Thank you for being there for me in prayer. Keep me from judging or gossip and help me to love others as you would. In Jesus’ name. Amen .

No comments:

Post a Comment