Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, July 14, 2023

Loose Lip Disease

 


Do you see someone who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for them.Proverbs 29:20

Have you ever said something and right after you uttered it regretted it? Perhaps the comment was out of emotion but was not thought out ahead of time. You try to let it go but it is hard to shake off. I did that once during an online Facebook live meeting of our HOA and said something I later wish I had not. 

The mouth can get you into a bunch of trouble if not careful. You speak, text, email, and this ‘instant’ way of communicating leads to more speaking in haste. 

Words can topple empires, break friendships, cause misunderstanding, even drive wedges between neighbors or co workers. Think before you speak. Try to make a point to only say things that will build up not tear down. Ask God to help you and forgiving yourself is often hard to do because you just wish you had not said what you said. Let it go and keep charging. 

PRAYER: I need you to guide me all the time. Sometimes reacting quickly gets me into trouble. I want to smooth over misunderstandings and build kindness into relationships. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. I recently went to visit a woman in a nursing home. She was there for rehab. As Iistened to her, I heard a voice that told me NOT to share what she said to anyone. I also found myself not commenting on things she shared. We should always listen to the Holy Spirit and follow His lead in these situations. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete