Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, May 26, 2023

Humble-Just Be It!



Let someone else praise you, and not your own mouth; an outsider, and not your own lips.Proverbs 27:2


I don’t know about you but when I neglect my time with the Lord, not even hiding scripture in my heart,  my mind starts getting ‘of the flesh’ or in other words angry, argumentative, jealous, hurt, left out, offended and more. Can you identify? 


I am blessed with a very humble and intelligent husband. Even though he achieved a high rank after 28 years of honorable service in the Army, you will never hear him say he is too high and mighty and must have more important work. He has managed billion dollar military budgets and is a great leader. You will never hear him ‘pull rank’ or act better than anyone. And if overlooked for something he is highly qualified for he just lets it roll off his back. There must be some reason. God has a bigger plan. 


For whatever reason in life things like this happen and even within the brotherhood of Christ at church. Satan would want you to puddle up in tears and make a scene but alas God’s plan is strength through service with humility. Keep on doing joyfully whatever it is God calls you to do. When I moved here to Idaho nearly 3 years ago I assumed my leadership days of Moms in Prayer were over but alas a need for a leader arose and yours truly filled the gap. Was not something I was seeking out. What are you called to do and have not stepped up to do it? 


PRAYER: Jesus help me love the unloveable even if they have hurt me or offended me in some way. Guard my heart from Satan’s schemes. I choose to look at the cross. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment