Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, May 19, 2023

Bible Tidbits

 








All Scripture is inspired by God and is useful to teach us what is true and to make us realize what is wrong in our lives. It corrects us when we are wrong and teaches us to do what is right.
 God uses it to prepare and equip his people to do every good work. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 NIV Bible Gateway
Are you lost when it comes to having a morning quiet time and have no clue how to read the Bible? Many people are. Cute titles may draw you in to wanting to begin as it doesn’t sound so daunting, like Bible tidbits.

I recommend the book of John in the New Testament. So much good stuff in there. There are numerous Bible learning Apps and even an app called You Version Bible. Don’t beat yourself up for not being able to get something going. As long as your heart desires more intimacy with God it will happen. Also try Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, and Colossians(GEPC) in the New Testament which I fondly refer to General Electric Power Company(GEPC) or Gentiles Eat Pork Chops(GEPC). 

There is not a set formula or method or duration you must accomplish. Sometimes it is just sitting quietly before the Lord and saying “Hi it’s me Lord. I need you today.” Don’t let the world and busyness prevent you from having this time and you will see your life will be better for it. 

PRAYER: I often am confused and not sure how to go about getting closer to you Lord. I know I need to. Help me resist the pull of the culture to believe lies and guidance my steps to serve you with my whole heart. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

#BG2

1 comment:

  1. A former Sunday school teacher of mine said to remember three of those books with Go, Eat, Popcorn. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete