Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, April 17, 2016

Would God Have Chosen You To Escape The Flood?


I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life. Genesis
 9:15

A friend gave me a response to one of my devotions one day and she said that an interesting bumper sticker would be that of my title above.  Very thought provoking so I asked if I could borrow it for a title and build a devotion on it.  It refers of course to the days of Noah in the Old Testament where God had basically had it with mankind and how depraved they had become and chose Noah and his righteous family as well as and one male and one female of each animal species to inhabit the ark Noah built so they would survive the 40 days and nights of rain that would cover the earth. The verse above indicates He will never again flood the earth.

That does not mean we will not be judged and have to suffer the consequences of the depravity of mankind and how evil has seeped into our once Godly nation. Things are getting pretty bad today. Christians worldwide are persecuted and killed  for their faith. Here in the United States it has not gotten to the point of being killed, but many times God is removed from places He once held a place of prominence. Take your family to see the powerful Christian film playing in theaters today called 'God's Not Dead 2' which will encourage you to stand up for the truth in God's word and your freedom to exercise your faith. 

Stand for the truth. To know the truth you have to get into the word of God. Don't be lead astray by diverse teachings which don't line up to scripture. There is only one way to Jesus it says in John 14:6. Oh yes, don't forget to pray for your enemies. 

PRAYER: I thank you Lord that you have a plan  and you are behind the scenes even in this chaos today. I thank you for being able to exercise my freedom to freely carry my Bible and worship. You alone are King of Kings and Lord of Lords. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment